The Superintendent is an integral member of the property’s management team and oversees the maintenance and agronomic practices of the golf course and adjacent grounds.
The above responsibilities also include overseeing the repair and maintenance of all golf course related equipment.
- Maintains all grounds including the golf course and other maintainable property
- Supervises all planting, fertilizing and chemical applications, and other care of turf, plants, shrubs and trees on the golf course and surrounding areas
- Hires, supervises, and develops other employees in the maintenance department
- Coordinates scheduling of all personnel assigned to the department
- Communicates frequently with the Mayor and City Council to discuss activities, goals, plans and member/customer feedback.
- Prepares and manages annual budget plan for the golf course maintenance operation on an annual basis
- Maintains inventory and oversees all repairs and scheduled maintenance of all golf course maintenance equipment
- Implements and enforces comprehensive safety program for employees of the maintenance department
- Supervises maintenance and operation of drainage, irrigation, and other mechanical watering systems
- Develops chemical and fertilizing plan on an annual basis
- Ensures that the golf course is providing healthy and high-quality playing conditions for guests of the property
- Prepares and maintains all record keeping for maintenance department (i.e. Human Resource files, inventory files, fertilization, and chemical application logs)
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years turf grass management experience required
- Supervisory, coaching and staff development experience required
- A four-year college degree preferred, but not required
- GCSAA Member preferred
- Knowledge of budgeting and expense management
- Knowledge of local, federal, and state laws and regulations affecting management of golf course operations
- Must have a strong business aptitude and passion for the golf business
- Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be highly organized and efficient with a high attention to detail
- Must have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
The City of New Castle is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $34,000.00 – $44,000.00 per year
- How many years of Turf Management experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Are you able to work in New Castle, PA 16101?
- Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?