The Public Works Department is responsible for the construction, maintenance and operation of all the facilities owned by the City of New Castle, as follows:
- Streets, including maintenance of surface, grade and curbing, street cleaning and snow removal.
- Public buildings and grounds, including all equipment and fixtures.
- Maintenance of all city vehicles and self-propelled equipment.
- Maintenance of all traffic signals.’
- Maintenance of all street and traffic signs.
- Festivals, Parages, Cascade of Lights.
- Grade alleys.
- Patching: Hot Mix, Cold Patch
- Parade Assemblage Permits
Public Works does NOT maintain street lights. To Report Street Light Outages contact Penn Power At 1-800-720-3600 or visit https://www.firstenergycorp.com/service_requests/report-lighting-problem.html
Public Works Director